No more peace talks with Evil Communist in Philippines?


President Duterte admitted he has conceded too much to the communists, noting that he has freed many of their leaders who are facing criminal charges.  
“Recently, I wanted them to start the talks but they want 130 (persons) released. I said ‘no, I cannot.’ As a matter of fact, I conceded too much too soon,” Duterte told the troops at Camp Aquino in Tarlac yesterday.
“I said I can only do so much. Now, if it’s terminated, then it’s terminated. But I cannot (yield to them forever). I already released their leaders, all of them. They are now in Norway. What more do you ask of us? I’ll run out of cards if I keep on releasing their comrades,” he said.
The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) has demanded the government should free more than 400 persons it claims to be political prisoners. They warned that failure to do so could result in the collapse of the unilateral ceasefire declared by the two parties.
If this happens, government forces and communist rebels will resume hostilities.
The CPP also dismissed as an “unacceptable token” the government’s plan to release as many as 50 prisoners by the end of the month.
“There is a fight for influence now vis-a-vis the NPA (New People’s Army). Let it be. Maybe they also want to know that many of their companions are surrendering because they are already used to the lull of fighting and they like it,” the President said.
Despite the issue involving rebel prisoners, Duterte stressed the need to put an end to the conflict.
“We have to somehow end this war, it has been going on for 45 years,” Duterte said.
“To those who have been in the service for a long time, I know it hurts but you have to understand me and the rest of the Filipino people. We are fighting fellow Filipinos and this has to stop,” he added.
“I hope you view me positively. I’m not a communist. I’m just a Filipino, period. I’m just doing it for the sake of my country.”

Loading...